As a Business Development professional with Orases, you should have an established network of CEOs, CIOs, CTOs that you know and can talk shop with. A key aspect is that you are an experienced and talented Sales Executive that supports key aspects of the sales cycle including lead generation, driving new opportunities, and managing prospect relationships. This position requires an entrepreneurial mindset to source and nurture prospects; experience selling B2B commercial technology services is important. You need to have an understanding of consultative selling and be familiar with selling services for digital transformation, custom software, and application modernization. If your experience is primarily as a product sales person and/or you haven’t sold large scale half-million dollar plus software development engagements, this probably isn’t the role for you.
- Close new business by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Work closely and cooperatively with team members to facilitate a smooth "handoff" from sales to the VP of Production and Technology and Director of Operations Logistics
- Serve as both a referral source and a resource to prepare proposals that satisfy the client’s needs related to the development of our software products
- Develop and execute sales territory plan to meet/exceed monthly and quarterly goals
- Develop and qualify pipeline within sales territory through prospecting, meeting, attending conferences/ events, calling, and emails
- Create and deliver sales presentations as needed, excellent verbal and presentation skills are a must. This includes presenting to the internal team on sales and marketing efforts
- Ability to listen to, and interpret customer requirements, presenting solutions that directly apply to customer needs
- Utilize LinkedIn/HubSpot and other online tools to promote company services and generate new prospects
- Provide sales territory analysis and insight, accurate and timely data within HubSpot and accurate forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical Product Management, or related IT field, or Marketing preferred), or equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 years sales experience selling B2B software development
- Proven experience managing a sales process and closing the deal
- Motivated self-starter capable of hunting and closing opportunities with minimal supervision
- Experience working with various types of stakeholders, including technical, non-technical and various industries
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of agile software development processes around building web and mobile applications
- Knowledge of various technologies and frameworks that can serve as part of a completion solution
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Comfortable public speaking and making sales presentations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong network within sales territory and proven ability to close enterprise accounts
- Willingness to travel as needed and typically only for large prospects that are well-qualified (averages less than 30% currently)
This is a full-time position, which requires 30- 40% travel to client sites.
Picture yourself here
At Orases, it’s our mission to make the world more efficient. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to positively change their industry or community.
What’s it like to work at Orases?
Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way that we work with clients and with each other. We are one team that delivers quality solutions. We are a community of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we are excellent human beings.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work and is committed to making the world a better place.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.